Monday, June 22, 2009

Do you know "校長"?

新しく生まれ変わった同朋高校新聞部の最初の活動は、校長先生にインタビューして、校長先生のプライベートと学校生活について聞くことでした。このインタビューは、今月発行の新聞の表紙を飾りました。
The first activity of the newly formed Doho Newspaper club was to interview the headmaster (校長先生 こうちょう せんせい)about his private and school life. This interview became the front page of the first edition of the school newspaper this month.


出身(しゅっしん)はどちらですか? 名古屋市北区 八王子中学。
(Where are you from? In Kita-Ward, Nagoya, near Hachioji Junior High School.) 
同朋(どうほう)に来て(きて) 何年(なんねん)経ちますか(たちますか)? 28年ぐらい。
(How long have you been a teacher at Doho? For about 28 years.) 
休日(きゅうじつ)には何をしていますか? 畑(はたけ)で自分(じぶん)の家(いえ)で食べる(たべる)野菜(やさい)を作っている。また、さまざまな山でハイキングをしている。
(What do you do in your free time? I grow my own vegetables and enjoy hiking in the mountains)
趣味(しゅみ)は何ですか(なんですか)? 乗馬(じょうば) 今(いま)はやっていない。
(What is your hobby? Horse riding, but I haven't been riding recently.)
同朋(どうほう)に来て良かった(きてよかった)ことは? 建学(けんがく)の精神(せいしん)。どの生徒(せいと)も同じ気持ち(おなじきもち)で頑張っている(がんばっている)こと。 
(Could you tell us one good thing about Doho? The founding spirit. All our students work hard together.)
なぜ教師(きょうし)になったのですか? 世の中(よのなか)の差別(さべつ)をなくしたいと思う(おもう)から。 
(Why did you become a teacher? Because I wanted to do something towards eliminating discrimination in the world.)
教頭先生(きょうとうせんせい)はなぜ2人(ふたり)いるのですか? 中学校(ちゅうがっこう)と違い(ちがい)、大きさ(おおきさ)は3倍(さんばい)くらいのもの。それなりに手間(てま)がかかるから。
(Why are there two deputy headmasters in our school? Doho is about three times larger than a regular junior high school so there is a lot more work for the deputy headmasters to do.)
校長(こうちょう)としての仕事(しごと)はどのようなものですか? 学校全体(がっこうぜんたい)の教育方針(きょういくほうしん)を決定(けってい)する。他(た)の学校(がっこう)との連絡(れんらく)を取り合う(とりあう)。
(What are your responsibilities as headmaster? I have to make decisions about school policy and maintain a good working relationship with other schools.)
同朋(どうほう)をこれからどのようにしていきたいですか? みんながやりたいことなどを一生懸命(いっしょうけんめい)やって、来て良かった(きてよかった)と思える(おもえる)ような学校(がっこう)。(How would you like to see Doho develop from now on? I would like to see students do something they really want to do, and do it well. I would like this to be a school which students feel glad they came to.)
同朋 (どうほう)のいいところは? 生徒(せいとう)と先生(せんせい)と父母(ふぼ)、みんなが一緒に(いっしょに)なって、学校(がっこう)を良く(よく)しようと思っている(おもっている)こと。 
(What do you think is good about Doho? I think that the best thing about Doho is the way that the students, the teachers and the parents all work together towards creating a better school.
ブログについて、どのようなところを期待(きたい)していますか? 一生懸命(いっしょうけんめい)やってる子たち(こたち)を応援(おうえん)するような、いきいきとしたものを作る(つくる)こと。
(What hopes do you have for the new school blog? I would like it to be a lively site that features the students who are trying really hard in their school lives.)


No comments: